A commemorative postage stamp on the 3rd World Book Fair, New Delhi :
Issued on Feb 11, 1978
Issued for : The Indian Posts and Telegraphs Department feels privileged to commemorate this occasion by issuing a postage stamp.
Description of Design : The design of the stamp shows children engrossed in books.
Type : Stamp, Postal Used
Colour : Mineral red & blue grey
Denomination : 100 Paise
Overall size : 3.91 X 2.90 cms.
Printing size : 3.55 X 2.54 cms.
Perforation : 13 X 13
Watermark : Unwatermarked paper
Number printed : 20,00,000
Number per issue sheet : 35
Printing process : Photogravure
Designed and printed at : India Security Press
- The National Book Trust, an autonomous organisation in the Ministry of Education and Social Welfare, seeks to create a movement in the country to make the people book-minded. Apart from producing good literature, the Trust arranges an annual National Book Fair and Regional Book Exhibitions all over India.
- The Trust organised the First World Book Fair in 1972 and the Second in 1976.
- The 3rd World Book Fair was held in the Hall of Nations, Pragati Maidan, New Delhi from February 11 to 20, 1978.
- Eminent foreign publishers from the USSR, USA, UK, Federal Republic of Germany, German Democratic Republic, Holland, Bulgaria, Hungary, Romania, Switzerland, Kenya, Zambia, Ghana, Iraq, Egypt, Kuwait, Bangladesh, Singapore, Japan, Pakistan, Indonesia, Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia, Senegal and New Zealand were participating in the Fair. The National exhibit comprised about 5,000 outstanding books in all the Indian languages and English.
- Along with the Fair, the Trust was organising an International Seminar on Educational Publishing in the Developing Countries from February 12 to 15, 1978.