A commemorative postage stamp on the Indonesia Pakistan Economic and Cultural Cooperation Organisation (IPECC) (1968–1990) :
Issued by Pakistan
Issued on Aug 19, 1990
Issued for : To commemorate the occasion Pakistan Post Office is issuing a commemorative postage stamp of Rs. 7/- denomination on the Indonesia Pakistan Economic and Cultural Cooperation Organization (IPECC) on August 19, 1990.
Artist : Jimmy Engineer
Type : Stamp, Postal Used
Denomination : Rs. 7/-
Colour : Multi colour
Size of Stamp : 50.8 x 32.5 mm
Size of Print : 47 x 28.5 mm
Perforation : 13C
Paper : 102 gsm dual purpose coated PVA gum
Quantity : One million
Number of stamps in a sheet : 25 (5 x 5 rows)
Process of Printing : Litho Offset
Printers : Pakistan Security Printing Corporation
- The Indonesia–Pakistan Economic and Cultural Cooperation Organization (IPECC) is a bilateral arrangement between the two countries which aims at promoting closer economic, technical & cultural co-operation and welfare of the people of Indonesia and Pakistan. The decision to form this Organization was taken in September, 1964 by the Heads of the States of the Republic of Indonesia and the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, and it came into being on August 19, 1968.
- The Postal Administration of Indonesia issued a stamp on August 19, 1977, depicting “Traditional Male Costume of Jakarta Region” and the Postal Administration of Pakistan issued a stamp on 5th February, 1978 depicting “Traditional Costume (Female) of Rawalpindi-Islamabad Region”.
- In 1983, the two Postal Administrations also issued a set of two commemorative postage stamps on a common theme viz. “Traditional weaving handicrafts of both the countries”.
- In 1984, the two Postal Administrations decided to issue commemorative postage stamps on three yearly basis. Accordingly a set of two stamps in the series of IPECC commemorative stamps is being issued on 19th August, 1990 to focus attention on the co-operation between Indonesia & Pakistan. The theme selected for the stamps is culture of the two countries.
- Issued by The Director General, Pakistan Post Office, Islamabad.