A commemorative postage stamp on the Joint Meeting of Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh and College of Physicians & Surgeons, Pakistan :
Issued by Pakistan
Issued on Sep 22, 1990
Issued for : To commemorate the occasion Pakistan Post Office is issuing a commemorative postage stamp of Rs. 2/- denomination on the Joint Meeting of Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh College of Physicians & Surgeons Pakistan on September 22, 1990.
Designer : Ilyas Gilani (PSPC)
Type : Stamp, Postal Used
Denomination : Rs. 2/-
Colour : Multicolour
Size of Stamp : 44.5 x 32.5 mm
Size of Print : 41 x 29 mm
Perforation : 13C
Paper : 102 gsm dual purpose coated PVA gum
Quantity : One million
Number of stamps in a sheet : 32 (8 x 4 rows)
Process of Printing : Litho Offset
Printers : Pakistan Security Printing Corporation
- The essence of academic life is the opportunity and indeed the demand for continuing investment in self. To this end, teaching and research provide the greatest satisfaction. They satisfy intellectual curiosity and nourish the joys and glories of discovery. Keeping up-to-date can be extremely demanding and time consuming.
- The Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh with a tradition spanning from centuries is known not only in the U.K. but overseas even to the lay person. For the excellent record of service to medical education their members and Fellows have carried the torch of learning and the art of healing through six continents and have received respect and recognition.
- The College of Physicians & Surgeons of Pakistan has not only drawn its inspiration from these centuries old models but its fellows have sought to infuse ideas carried from the RCPE which now stands as a partner in all its efforts. The college now stands as a Centre of Excellence guiding, overseeing, structuring and evaluating specialist cum teacher training in Pakistan.
- Amongst several strategies that are in vogue, the bringing together of specialists and subject experts from developed countries likely to benefit a much larger number is a major break-through.
- The meeting of two great colleges symbolises their commitment to amelioration of human suffering through pursuit of knowledge. It is a presager of one of several similar exchanges both the colleges and their organizers deserve to be congratulated.
- (Contributed by : Royal College of physicians of Edinburgh College of physicians & surgeons Pakistan).
- Issued by The Director General, Pakistan Post Office, Islamabad.