A commemorative postage stamp on the International Trade Fair, Karachi :
Issued by Pakistan
Issued on Sep 1, 1984
Issued for : To commemorate the occasion Pakistan Post Office is issuing a commemorative postage stamp of 60 paisa denomination on September 1, 1984.
Designer : Aftab Zafar
Type : Stamp, Postal Used
Denomination : 60 Paisa
Colour : Red, Yellow, Blue and Green
Size of Stamp : 40 x 40 mm
Size of Print : 36 x 36 mm
Perforation : 13 C
Quantity : 500,000
Number of stamps in a sheet : 20 (twenty)
Process of Printing : Litho Offset
Printers : Pakistan Security Printing Corporation
- The Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce and Industry is holding an International Exhibition known as Pakistan International Trade Fair–1984 (PITF–84). The three-week long fair, first of its kind after a long gap of two decades, is scheduled to be opened on 1st September, 1984. The theme of the Fair is “ACHIEVEMENTS AND PROSPECTS”. The project is of immense national importance and as such the President of Pakistan, General Muhammad Ziaul Haq, has accorded his kind patronage and has graciously agreed to perform the opening ceremony of the Fair.
- The Fair is being organised in pursuance of the approved publicity plan of the Federal Export Promotion Board, the Ministry of Commerce, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Industries, the Ministry of Production, the Export Promotion Bureau, the Investment Promotion Bureau and the heads of various other concerned departments, corporations and agencies of the Federal and Provincial Governments are taking keen and active interest in the organisation of the Fair and extending their maximum possible assistance to make the Fair a grand national success.
- The Fair will consist of international pavilions for foreign countries, pavilions and stalls for leading local industries in the public and private sectors. The engineering items will have importance in the display and projection of our capabilities.
- A section has been earmarked for national pavilions of Associations of Trade & Industries and provincial governments. The national pavilions will display handicrafts and cultural heritage of the four provinces. The cultural and social events will be an important part of the Fair activities. A Pakistani Bazar for retail sales of food and eatables will be provided.
- The Fair will provide an excellent opportunity to local manufacturers in the public and the private sectors to introduce their products to the world market. It will be a good opportunity for our people in demonstrating the progress made in the different fields of national life by the private and the public sector. Plans for future development could be presented to the public thus generating in them the feeling of participation in the national effort and of pride and confidence on account of what has already been achieved.
- Participation from industrially advanced countries and display of their sophisticated products will provide a rare opportunity to the local manufacturers and prospective investors in terms of transfer of technology. It will develop awareness of the importance of the quality of products for improving indigenous technology for diversification of export trade.
- Issued by: The Director General, Pakistan Post Office, Islamabad.