A commemorative postage stamp on Umrao Kanwarji ‘Archana’ Maharaj :
Issued by India
Issued on Apr 30, 2011
Issued for : India Post is happy to issue a commemorative postage stamp on Umrao Kunwar Ji ‘Archana’.
Stamp/FDC/Cancellation : Nenu Gupta
Type : Stamp, Mint Condition
Colour : Multicolour
Denomination : 500 Paise
Stamps Printed : 0.4 Million (0.3 Million for normal distribution 0.1 million for Supply to Philatelic Bureau Jaipur GPO)
Printing Process : Wet Offset
Printers : SPP, Hyderabad
Name : Alol Kunwar
Born on Aug 55, 1922 at Dadiya, Kishangarh municipality, Ajmer district, Rajasthan, India
Died on Apr 22, 2009
- Umrao Kunwar Ji Archana was born on 15.08.1922 to Shri Jagat Narain Tater and Smt Anupama Devi at Village Dadiya in Kisangarh, Rajasthan. Her childhood name was Alol Kunwar.
- At the age of eleven and half, she was married to Sh. Champa Lal Heengad of Daurai (Ajmer). After two years of her marriage, her husband died leaving her destitute. Fortunately, she came in contact with Mahasati Shri Sardar Kunwar ji in Vikrami Samvat 1994 of Merta (Rajasthan) and became the disciple of Poojya Pravartak Shri Hazarimal Ma. Sa.
- She visited Haryana, Punjab, Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and even Tamil Nadu and propagated Jainism in these places and created spiritual awakening among the masses. She was regarded as Kashmir Pracharika, Adhyatma Yogini, Maha Yogeshwari, Malav Jyoti, Pravachan Shiromani, by Jain Organisations from time to time.
- She authored widely acclaimed books; Amra Manjari, Archana ke Phool, Archana ke Pradeep, Him our Atup, Archana our Alok. She also edited Jain Yoga Granth Chatusthaya, Panchamrit, Yog marg, Jeevan Sandhya, etc.
- She established in Beawar Parshwanath Jain Chikitsalaya (Jain Hospital), Agam Prakasan, Shri Hazarimal Smirti Prakasan, Book Bank, Sri Umaro Umed Upakaran Samiti, Arachana Kunj Atithi Graha and other welfare institutes in Ujjain, Merta, Pali, Ajmer, Ahmedabad and Chennai respectively. She passed away on 22 April 2009 at the age of 87.
- Text : Based on materials provided by the proponent.