A commemorative postage stamp on the “Back to the Villages” campaign :
Issued by Nepal
Issued on Dec 16, 1967
Issued by : His Majesty’s Government, Postal Services Department, Nepal Philatelic Bureau, Kathmandu
Type : Stamp, Postal Used
Denomination : 15 Paisa
Colour : Multicolour
Size : 40 mm x 30 mm
Quantity : 500,000
Sheet : 50 Stamps
Process : Delacryl
Printer : Thomas De La Rue and Co. Ltd.
The Main Basis of the Programme :
- To strengthen and extend the spirit of Nationality and National Unity.
- To inform the necessity of the partyless Panchayat Democracy and to develop and strengthen the partyless characters of the system.
- To behave in line with the non–aligned foreign policy.
- To launch a campaign for eradicating corruption, injustice, tyranny and unnecessary delay.
- To bring about awakening and initiative in the rural society.
- To give vent to the successful implementation of the current Land Reform Programme, the Mulki Ain (Law of Realm), Social reform, and nation-wide development works.
- To publicise and spread the spirit and working of the co-operatives.
- To inform the significance of afforestation, forests and the preservation of wild-life in the life of the people.
- To lay emphasis on increasing agricultural products.
- To spread in a nation-wide scale the spirit of encouraging and extending cottage industries suitable to given places.