A commemorative postage stamp on Baba Jumdevji, propagated Manav Dharma, founder of Param Pujya Parmatma Ek Sewak Mandal :
Issued on Sep 30, 2013
Issued for : Department of Posts is happy to release a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Joomdev.
Stamp/FDC/Cancellation : Nenu Gupta
Type : Stamp, Mint Condition
Colour : Multi colour
Denomination : 500 Paise
Stamps Printed : 0.41 Million (0.1 Million for the proponent)
Printing Process : Wet Offset
Printer : India Security Press, Nashik
Name : Jumdev
Born on Apr 3, 1921 at Nagpur, Maharashtra, India
Died on Oct 3, 1996
- Joomdev was born on 3rd April, 1921 at Nagpur to Vithoba Jubrikar, a weaver and Saraswati Bai, a housewife.
- Joomdev had an undistinguished childhood and youth. He was, however, gradually drawn towards spirituality & came to believe that service to fellow human beings was the best way to serve God. He propagated Manav Dharma, the crux of which was that we should lead a life based on dedication, sacrifice, mercy, forgiveness & peace.
- Joomdev established “Parampujya Ek Sewak Mandal” at Nagpur on 4th December, 1969. A Manav Mandir consisting of a school, playground, houses, library, etc for the poor students belonging to the families associated with the organisation was also set up at Nagpur. Joomdev was a perfect blend of spiritual & human virtues. He established many other social welfare organisations like ‘Sevak Nagrik Sahkari Bank‘, ‘Sahkari Grahak Bhandar‘, & ‘Dugdha Utpadak Sahkari Sanstha‘ also in Nagpur & adjoining areas. He advocated a cooperative system for his followers many of whom were not only poor but also illiterate.
- Joomdev firmly believed that education can change the plight of the downtrodden. He believed that corruption can’t be eradicated unless man himself tries to change the world through truth, self esteem and love.
- Joomdev breathed his last on 3rd October, 1996.
- Text : Based on the material provided by the proponent.