A commemorative postage stamp on Manikchandra Vajpayee (Mamaji), an Indian journalist and RSS Pracharak :
Issued by India
Issued on Dec 27, 2020
Issued for : India Post is pleased to issue a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Manikchandra Vajpayee.
Stamp/Cancellation Cachet : Smt. Alka Sharma
FDC/Brochure : Smt. Nenu Gupta
Type : Stamp, Mint Condition
Colour : Multi Colour
Denomination : 500 Paise
Stamps Printed : 300000
Printing Process : Wet Offset
Printer : Security Printing Press, Hyderabad
Name : Manikchandra Vajpayee
Born on Oct 7, 1919 at Bateshwar, Agra district, Uttar Pradesh, India
Died on Dec 25, 2005 at Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh, India
- Manikchandra Vajpayee (Mama ji) led a selfless life and remained engaged in social service till the end of his life.
- He was born on October 7, 1919 in Bateshwar, district Agra (Uttar Pradesh). He completed his education from Morar, Gwalior. He secured first position in the Middle Board Examination in Gwalior State and received a Gold Medal in the Inter Ajmer Board Examination. He was a Pracharak of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh from 1944 to 1953. He was a pioneer in establishment of a college in Adokhar (Bhind) and convener for Central India of Swadeshi Jagran Manch and organisational secretary for Central India of Jansangh between 1951 and 1954.
- He began his career in journalism as an editor of Weekly ‘Deshmitra’ published from Bhind. He was associated with ‘Dainik Swadesh’, Indore since its establishment in 1966, and was the editor of this newspaper between 1968 and 1985. Later, as an editorial advisor of Bhopal, Jabalpur, Sagar, Raipur and Bilaspur editions of ‘Swadesh’, he guided several journalists.
- During the emergency, he was in jail for 20 months. He was an eloquent writer. His articles and editorials are still relevant. He covered historical events in great detail in books such as ‘Aapatkalin Sangharsh Gatha’, ‘Pratham Agni Pariksha’, ‘Bharatiya Nari Swami Vivekanand Kee Drishti Men’, ‘Kashmir Ka Kadva Sach’, ‘Jyotijala Nij Pran Ki’ and ‘Madhya Bharat Kee Sangh Gatha’.
- Text : Based on information received from the proponent.