A commemorative postage stamp on the 50th Anniversary of the Regiment of Artillery, an operational arm of Indian Army :
Issued by India
Issued on Jan 15, 1985
Issued for : The Posts and Telegraphs Department is proud to issue a commemorative postage stamp on the Golden Jubilee of the prestigious Regiment of Artillery.
Type : Stamp, Postal Used
Colour : Multi colour
Denomination : 100 Paise
Printed at : India Security Press
- “Ultima Ratio Regum” – the last argument of kings! This was how cannons were described in the medieval period. Ever since the concept of causing destruction to the enemy’s war machine at a distance, evolved in warfare, Artillery has been a battle winning arm.
- The Gunners have won numerous gallantry awards and many units have been awarded honour titles in recognition of their distinguished service during battle. The Regiment of Artillery has truly lived upto its motto “Sarvatra: Izzat-O-Iqbal” – Everywhere with Honour and Glory.
- On the modern battlefield, the tactical function of Artillery is to achieve such fire supremacy in the battlefield that the enemy can neither interfere with our operations nor develop his own effectively. The ultimate aim of all Artillery fire is to break the enemy’s will to fight.
- As the Regiment of Artillery commemorates its Golden Jubilee, it can look to the future with confidence and pride and its gun continue to maintain a silent vigil over the Nation’s frontiers – ready for any eventuality.
- Text Courtesy : Artillery Directorate, Army Headquarters, New Delhi.