A Miniature Sheet consisting of 2 nos. of commemorative postage stamp on the 2nd Africa–India Forum Summit 2011, Addis-Ababa, Ethiopia :
Issued by India
Issued on May 25, 2011
Issued for : India Post is happy to issue set of commemorative postage stamps on the 2nd Africa-India Forum summit. The stamp is being released by the Prime Minister of India on 25th May 2011 in the presence of several African Heads of State/Government.
Stamp & FDC : Kamleshwar Singh
Cancellation : Alka Sharma
Type : Miniature Sheet, Mint Condition
Colour : Multi Colour
Denomination : 500 & 2500 Paise
Stamps Printed : 0.4 Million each (0.3 million for normal distribution and 0.1 million for e-post office to be sent to Sansad Marg HPO New Delhi 110 001)
Miniature Sheets : 0.3 Million (0.2 million for normal distribution and 0.1 million for e-post office to be sent to Sansad Marg HPO New Delhi 110 001)
Printing Process : Wet Offset
Printer : Security Printing Press, Hyderabad
- India‘s historical relationship with Africa has been revitalized keeping in view functional co-operation in the 21st century. Our political support for Africa has been augmented by closer economic co-operation including economic assistance, functional co-operation, soft loans, and private sector investment.
- In April 2008, India hosted the First Africa–India Forum Summit in Delhi. This summit built upon the foundations of the historical relationship that existed between India and Africa, and designed a new architecture for a structured engagement, interaction and co-operation between India and our African partners, in the 21st century. The summit celebrated our friendship and renewed our commitment to Africa. The historic documents, the Delhi Declaration and the India–Africa Framework for co–operation adopted at the end of the Summit now serve as the contours for our systematic engagement with Africa in the coming years.
- In order to continue and enhance the systematic engagement with Africa in the coming years, the 2nd Africa–India Forum Summit is being organized in Addis–Ababa during 24-25 May 2011. This is for the first time that a meeting between India and its African partners at the level of Heads of State/Government is being organised in Africa.
- On the sidelines of the Summit several concurrent events are also organized including academic symposia, editors’ conference; trade fair; cultural events showcasing Indian and African culture; a film festival; and release of set of commemorative stamps.
- Text : Based on the material provided by the proponent.