Govind Ballabh Pant Hospital, Delhi
A commemorative postage stamp on 50 years of excellence of GB Pant Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, Delhi :
Issued by India
Issued on Apr 30, 2014
Issued for : Department of Posts is happy to release a Postage Stamp to commemorate the 50 years of Govind Ballabh Pant Hospital, Delhi in the service of the nation.
Stamp/FDC : Suresh Kumar
Cancellation : Alka Sharma
Type : Stamp, Mint Condition
Colour : Multi colour
Denomination : 500 Paise
Stamps Printed : 0.6 million (0.1 million for the proponent)
Printing Process : Wet Offset
Printer : Security Printing Press, Hyderabad
- Govind Ballabh Pant Hospital, also known as G.B. Pant Hospital, is a super specialty institute which was built in the memory of the great patriot, freedom fighter and statesman, Govind Ballabh Pant. Its foundation stone was laid in October, 1961 and it was inaugurated on 30th April, 1964 by the first Prime Minister of India, Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru.
- The hospital has come a long way since its inception. From a very humble beginning of 229 beds, it has now expanded to 691 beds. Its tertiary care centre is now an internationally recognized institution for Cardiac sciences, Neurosciences, Gastro sciences and Psychiatric diseases. These super-specialties are backed by state-of-the-art departments of Radio diagnosis and Imaging, Pathology, Microbiology, Biochemistry and Blood Bank Facilities. It has offered super-specialty treatment to about 622665 lakh patients from India and overseas in OPD during 2012.
- It is one of the reputed centres for post-doctoral teaching and training in super-specialties, and is recognized for many a path breaking research. The institution has a unique recognition by both Medical Council of India and University Grants Commission as an independent post graduate hospital affiliated to University of Delhi.
- The institution offers post-doctoral D.M. degrees in Cardiology, Neurology and Gastroenterology and M.Ch. degrees in Cardio Thoracic Surgery, Neuro Surgery and Gastrointestinal Surgery. Students are also admitted in M.D. courses in the fields of Microbiology, Pathology, Psychiatry and Radio-Diagnosis – in association with Maulana Azad Medical College – a sister institution. In addition, many departments are recognized for Ph. D. and Diplomate of National Board (DNB) courses, and active research work is going on under their supervision. Recently the institution has added best neurosurgery and Gastro surgery modular operation theatres with state-of-art ICU.
- Text : Based on the material furnished by the proponent.