Karpoor Chandra ‘Kulish’
A commemorative postage stamp on Karpur Chandra Kulish, founder of Rajasthan Patrika :
Issued on May 16, 2012
Issued for : Department of Posts is happy to issue a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Karpoor Chandra ‘Kulish’.
Stamp/FDC : Kamleshwar Singh
Cancellation : Alka Sharma
Type : Stamp, Mint condition
Colour : Multi colour
Denomination : 500 Paise
Stamps Printed : 0.35 Million (0.05 Million for proponent)
Printing Process : Wet Offset
Printer : Security Printing Press, Hyderabad
Name : Karpoor Chandra Kulish
Born on Mar 20, 1926 at Soda, Malpura, Tonk, Rajasthan, India
Died on Jan 17, 2006 at Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
- Karpoor Chandra ‘Kulish’, the founder of Rajasthan Patrika, the widely read and well known Hindi newspaper, was born in Soda village of Tonk district of Rajasthan on March, 20, 1926. He started his career in journalism as an employee in a newspaper. Rajasthan Patrika was first started by Karpoor Chandra ‘Kulish’ in 1956 as an evening newspaper. It soon became a front runner among Hindi newspapers.
- Besides being an outstanding journalist, ‘Kulish’ was a poet, a scholar of Vedas, a thinker and a philosopher. He was deeply influenced by ancient cultural heritage embedded in the Vedas and Upanishads. Rajasthan Patrika published sixty books on the Vedas under his able guidance.
- Karpoor Chandra ‘Kulish’ will always be remembered for the courage of his convictions. He constantly tried to generate awareness among the masses through his thought provoking and objective writings. He authored several literary works in Hindi. His set of poems, “Saat Senkara” written in simple language explains the nature and enigma of the universe from the Vedic perspective. In his later years, ‘Kulish‘ started writing a very popular segment titled “Polampol” on current affairs in Rajasthan Patrika.
- ‘Kulish’ was felicitated with several awards for his contribution to journalism. He was honoured with B.D. Goenka Foundation Award for outstanding contribution in the Indian Language Newspaper Category for the year 1990. He also received the Ganesh Shankar Vidyarthi Award in 2000.
- Karpoor Chandra ‘Kulish’ breathed his last on 17th January, 2006.
- Text : Based on the material provided by the proponent.