Sardar School Jodhpur
A commemorative postage stamp on 125 years of the Sardar Doon Public School, Jodhpur, one of the oldest school of Rajasthan :
Issued by India
Issued on Dec 13, 2022
Issued for : Department of Posts is delighted to issue Commemorative Postage Stamp on 125 Years of Sardar School, Jodhpur and appreciates its contribution in providing high quality education to students and igniting minds.
Stamp/FDC/Brochure : Ms. Gulistaan
Cancellation Cachet : Mrs. Nenu Gupta
Type : Stamp, Mint Condition
Colour : Multi Colour
Denomination : 500 Paise
Stamps Printed : 303600
Printing Process : Wet Offset
Printer : Security Printing Press, Hyderabad
- Education helps people to think, feel and behave in a way that contributes to their success, and improves not only their personal satisfaction but also their community. In addition, education develops human personality, thoughts, dealing with others and prepares people for life experiences.
- The idea of developing Sardar School was conceived with great vision of developing bright young minds, illuminated with the quality education and mission of serving the society. The school was established by Oswal Samaj on August 28, 1896 with the gracious hands of his highness Maharaja Shri Sir Pratap Singh, as a modest academic initiative. The school had then evolved, progressed, grown and developed step by step, harmonizing with the changing needs of time and society. It had planted, nourished and strengthened the quality education across the generations of the students by widening their horizons to carve a niche for themselves and creating frontiers in various professional arenas.
- Moving towards the path of progress, the school was operated in the present Municipal Corporation office at Sojati Gate. In view of education and student numbers, Maharaja of Jodhpur, his highness Shri Ummed Singh allotted a piece of land at Jalori gate and laid the foundation stone of the school building on 13th September, 1932. Mahaveer complex, which is well embellished with modernized sports facilities for the students, is located at the nearest vicinity of the school. Sardar Sports Academy offers a variety of sports facility for 22 games, which is one of the unique features in Rajasthan.
- In modern times, the school has a cutting edge technology platform for the students and offers the latest educational technologies in the form of smart classrooms equipped with interactive boards and facilities for video conferencing, Wi-Fi enabled computer labs, a digital language laboratory which aims at enhancing student communication skills, a digital library with more than 18000 books online, in addition to a regular school library.
- A modern Digital Maths Lab helps to make learning, verifying and visualizing mathematical concepts in an enjoyable way. Abacus and Vedic Maths teachings, aim to make concepts of Mathematics easy and enable students to achieve a high standard of mental arithmetic. The Robotics lab provide a unique opportunity to the students to learn the advanced technical creativity by exploring and experimenting. Digital Language Lab has been designed to build articulation, oratory and presentation skills in the students.
- The alumni of the school includes eminent and renowned Judges, Lawyers, Academicians, Chartered Accountants, Industrialists, Doctors, Engineers and highly successful professionals, who have achieved pinnacle of success and brought accolade to the school and the society. The teachers of the school always strive to develop the ethical and moral code among the students.
- On 1st February 1996, the centenary year ceremony of Sardar School was graced by then President of India, Shri Shankar Dayal Sharma, and the ceremony was presided by the then Chief Minister of Rajasthan, Shri Bheru Singh Ji Shekhawat, besides then Governor of Rajasthan Mr. Baliram Bhagat who graced the occasion as the Guest of Honour.
- In 2017, the school was renamed as Sardar Doon Public School and has become an epitome in the educational society of Jodhpur for quality education and state of the art teaching tools and methodology.
- Sardar School has been nurturing its legacy of 125 years by providing quality education to the students and creating a force of ethical, informed and skilled citizens for New India. The impeccable contribution of the members of Oswal Singh Sabha and Oswal Education Committee has always been praiseworthy to uplift the dignity and pride of the school, and the priceless efforts of teachers and students are equally invested.
- Text : Referenced from the contents provided by the proponent.