Swami Ekrasanand Saraswati
A commemorative postage stamp on Shri 108 Shri Swami Ekrasanand Saraswati :
Issued on Dec 4, 2014
Issued for : Department of Posts is happy to release a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Swami Ekrasanand Saraswati.
Stamp/FDC/Cancellation : Alka Sharma
Type : Stamp, Mint Condition
Colour : Multi colour
Denomination : 500 Paise
Stamps Printed : 0.6 Million
Printing Process : Wet Offset
Printer : Security Printing Press, Hyderabad
Name : Narayan Das (Swami Ekrasanand Saraswati)
Born on Aug 29, 1866 at Bhuriyana, Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India
Died on Sep 9, 1938
- Swami Ekrasanand Saraswati, was a great saint, who devoted his entire life to the service of humanity. He was born on 29th August, 1866 in a Brahmin family to Pt. Radha Krishna and his wife Palubai, at village Bhuriyana, district Jodhpur, in the state of Rajasthan. His childhood name was Narayan Das.
- Since childhood, young Narayan Das showed qualities of politeness, kindness, courtesy, etc. He practised deep meditation at Badrinath Dham, in the upper Himalayan valleys. Afterwards, he went to Kashi, where he met Swami Ganeshanand who named him “Swami Ekrasanand“. After learning the Vedas in Kashi, he set out on a journey to various religious places like Mathura, Vrindavan, Haridwar, Rishikesh, etc. When he reached Teekamgarh in Madhya Pradesh, he was warmly welcomed by the king there.
- Swami Ekrasanand Saraswati established Daivi Sampad Mandal in 1914, on the principles of ‘Sarv Bhoot hite Ratah’ based on Daivi Sampatti described in the Sixteenth Chapter of Srimad Bhagwad Gita. This organisation has been involved in propagating the qualities of fearlessness, full cleanliness of conscience, continuous practice of Meditation and Yoga for spiritual knowledge, charity, control over senses, non-violence, truthfulness, sacrifice, peace, mercy, detachment, tenderness, modesty, forgiveness, patience, etc., irrespective of caste, race and religion, in all. The followers of Swami Ekrasanand Saraswati abide by the ten gospels he preached. These gospels spread the message of love, compassion and devotion to God.
- The good works of Swami Ekrasanand are being carried forward by his followers who have been involved in setting up various institutions like Sri Ekrasanand Ashram, Sri Ekrasanand Sanskrit Mahavidyalaya, Sri Ekrasanand Adarsh Inter College, Sri Ekrasanand Dharmarth Ayurvedic Hospital, etc. The Daivi Sampad Mandal, established by Swami Ekrasanand Saraswati has continuously been involved in the service of humanity. All institutions of the Daivi Sampad Mandal are working for the welfare of people and propagation of self-control, good conduct and spiritualism by organizing Conferences, Meditation and Yoga training camps, Ayurvedic Health camps, Satsangs, discourses and assemblies.
- Swami Ekrasanand Saraswati left for his heavenly abode on 9th September, 1938.
- Text : Based on the material furnished by the proponent.