India on XIX International Dairy Congress
A commemorative postage stamp on 19th International Dairy Congress, New Delhi :
Issued on Dec 2, 1974
Issued for : During this period New Delhi was the venue for several complementary activities aimed at encouraging Dairying in India. The Posts and Telegraphs Department is happy to bring out a commemorative postage stamp to mark this occasion.
Type : Stamp, Postal Used
Colour : Multicolour
Denomination : 25 Paise
Overall Size : 3.34 X 2.88 cms.
Printing Size : 2.987 X 2.524 cms.
Perforation : 14 x 13½
Watermark : Printed on unwatermarked adhesive stamp paper
Number Printed : 30,00,000
Number per issue sheet :42
Printing Process : Photogravure
Designed and Printed at : India Security Press
- The XIX International Dairy Congress being held in New Delhi from 2nd to 6th December, 1974, is one of the major world conferences convened in India.
- Every 4 years International Dairy Congress is held in different countries under the aegis of the International Dairy Federation. It has two objectives:
- (1) world-wide recognition of the significance of the dairy sciences and of dairying as an industry; and
- (2) international exchange of experience, ideas and information which is so valuable to those in the dairy sciences and the dairy industry.
- The theme of the present Congress is “Dairying as an instrument of social and economic change“. This is particularly appropriate because it is being held in India, a country which is seeking to bring about a new social and economic order in response to the aspirations of its people. It has been demonstrated that dairying can be instrumental in improving the quality of life for millions of rural people.