A commemorative postage stamp on the 12th International Leprosy Congress :
Issued by India
Issued on Feb 20, 1984
Type : Stamp, Postal Used
Watermark : No
Colour : Multi colour
Denomination : 100 Paise
Printed at : India Security Press
- The International Leprosy Association is an association of leprologists throughout the world. The members of the Association meet once in five years to discuss about the latest developments in leprosy.
- At the XIth Congress held in Mexico in 1978, the Hind Kusht Nivaran Sangh (Indian Leprosy Association), with the approval of the Government of India, had extended an invitation to the International Leprosy Association to hold its next Congress in New Delhi, India. The members of the International Leprosy Association unanimously accepted the invitation.
- This will be the first time many of our young leprologists will be attending the International Leprosy Congress in large numbers. Over 1200 delegates from 120 countries are likely to participate in the Congress.
- The activities of the International Leprosy Association include :
1. Publication of International Journal of Leprosy quarterly.
2. Giving suggestions to various governments on their leprosy control programmes.
3. The International Leprosy Association, being on various committees of the WHO and allied health agencies, advises these agencies on leprosy control programmes.
4. It is also responsible for holding the International Leprosy Congress once in five years.