A commemorative postage stamp on the 37th Japan Championships in Athletics, Matsue, Shimane, Honshu :
Issued by Japan
Issued on Oct 2, 1982
Type : Stamp, Postal Used
Colour : Multicolour
Denomination : 40 Yen
Size of impression : 38.5 mm x 28.0 mm
Quantity issued : 36,000,000 stamps
- A 40 yen postage stamp will be issued on October 2, 1982 in commemoration of the 37th National Athletic Meet.
- The National Athletic Meet, aiming to popularize sports widely among the people, increase their health and physical capacities and to elevate the level of amateur sports, has become an annual event held in one of the prefectures in Japan since 1946.
- The 37th National Athletic Meet is scheduled to be held in autumn for 6 days from October 3 through 8 in Matsue City and in thirty-four other cities, towns and villages in Shimane Prefecture.
- This meet is named the Kunibiki “National Athletic Meet”, and it has the slogan, “Opening our future from this contact“. About 28,000 athletes and managers are expected to participate in 30 sports events including field and track, soccer and tennis, in which tough competition expected.
- Depicted on the postage stamp is table tennis and the National Athletic Meet monument built in the Matsue General Athletic Park.