A Souvenir Sheet consisting of 1 no. of commemorative postage stamp on the 75 years of the Bharat Ratna Bhim Rao Ambedkar Institute of Telecom Training (B.R.B.R.A.I.T.T.), Madhya Pradesh :
Issued by India
Issued on Apr 22, 2017
Issued for : Department of Posts is pleased to issue a Commemorative Postage Stamp on the occasion of completion of 75 years of Bharat Ratna Bhimrao Ambedkar Institute of Telecom Training (BRBRAITT).
Stamps/Miniature Sheet/FDC/Brochure/Cancellation Cachet : Smt. Alka Sharma
Type : Miniature Sheet, Mint Condition
Colour : Multi Colour
Denomination : 1500 Paise
Stamps Printed : 301590
Miniature Sheet Printed : 0.1 million
Printing Process : Wet Offset
Printer : Security Printing Press, Hyderabad
- Bharat Ratna Bhimrao Ambedkar Institute of Telecom Training (BRBRAITT) is a premier level institute of Telecom Training in Asia. This training institute was previously known as “Telecom Training Centre” and its name was changed to “Bharat Ratna Bhimrao Ambedkar Institute of Telecom Training (BRBRAITT)” on 30-05-1992 in the honour of Bharat Ratna Bhimrao Ambedkar. This training centre had its origin at Calcutta where it initially started functioning in the 1920. During the Second World War, it was shifted to Jabalpur, where it commenced activities from April 22, 1942.
- The training centre has achieved many milestones of progress in a period of 75 years. All the senior officers of BSNL / Department of Telecommunication have had their initial training in this institute. It is an apex training Institute of BSNL and is an ISO 9001:2008 accredited Institute.
- The Training Centre has a campus of 35 acres with administrative building of 17,280 square meters in area. It has also got 236 staff quarters and four hostels with a capacity to accommodate about 400 trainees. Institute imparts training on various technologies to different organisations. There are high tech class rooms for lecture sessions fully equipped with all latest media support facilities. BRBRAITT has state of the art laboratories equipped with latest equipment worth crores of rupees to provide hands on experience to participants. Some of the main laboratories are Computers and Data communication Labs, Mobile Communication Labs, New Technology Switching Labs, Optical Fibre Cables, Measuring Instruments and Systems, Satellite.
- BRBRAITT library has a huge collection of books (both for technical and general reading), periodicals & magazines and departmental publications. A separate reading room is being maintained for technical journals where magazines are displayed. An Audio/Video Section for trainees and staff is also maintained. They can see and listen to management & technical video/audio cassettes in this section of library.
- Strength of BRBRAITT is its highly KNOWLEDGEABLE and EXPERIENCED Human Resource i.e. the Faculty Members. BRBRAITT is having a pool of Experts in various fields like Wireless Communication, Next Generation Networks, Data communication and Computer Networking, Programming Languages, Transmission Technologies, Administration and Management etc. Due to highly talented Man Power and Excellent Lab resources, BRBRAITT is able to offer courses not only for the Indian organisations but also for the Foreign Organisations.
- The institute provides training mainly to its own personnel. However, recently institute has opened the doors for outside agencies – Organisations – both government and private, College students – for their Summer Internship, Vocational Trainings, Projects and anyone who is keen to learn about the latest telecommunication technologies.
- BRBRAITT is imparting training to officers of BSNL/DoT and to other Government and Private Organisations. Trainees from organisations like Railways, Defence, MP Electricity Board, Vihaan Networks, Department of Posts, IIITDM Jabalpur, IIIT Allahabad, Infosys etc. have taken training in the institute. BRBRAITT is imparting various Skill Development programs for the youth of India. BRBRAITT is the Nodal Centre for implementation of Skill Development across all the training centres of BSNL.
- BRBRAITT has taken up the task of training of telecom personnel from foreign countries. These trainees are mainly from APT (Asia-Pacific Telecommunity) Countries. Other than APT, BRBRAITT has imparted training to the participants of Bhutan Telecom & Sri Lanka Telecom. BRBRAITT is also conducting need based trainings for the member countries of Commonwealth Telecom Organisation (CTO) HQ London on regular basis.
- BRBRAITT has the expertise and professionalism to face the ever changing challenges emerging in the field of training. Dedicated terms of professionals are trained to think out-of-the-box and innovate. Past 75 years of contribution of BRBRAITT is commendable and inspiration for making contribution in future also to equip the generation with latest technologies in the field of telecom and IT.
- Text : Based on the material received from proponent.