A commemorative postage stamp on the 6th International Conference on Virology in Japan :
Issued by Japan
Issued on Sep 1, 1984
Issued for : A 60 yen postage stamp commemorating the sixth International Congress of Virology will be issued on September 1, 1984.
Type : Stamp, Postal Used
Colour : Multicolour
Denomination : 60 yen
Size of impression : 38.5 mm x 25.0 mm
Quantity issued : 30,000,000 stamps
- The International Microbiological Association‘s section for the study of viruses holds an international congress every three years. This congress is the largest of its type. Researchers of a broad spectrum of fields ranging from plant, insect, bacteria, animal virus to clinical viruses will gather from all over the world under the same roof and discuss and announce their research in the field of viruses.
- In the past five years all the meetings have been held in Europe and this will be the first time the meeting has been held outside of Europe in Japan. Below is an outline of the meeting.
- The design of the stamp shows “Basho’s Street” which is in the center of the old castle town of Sendai. Its address in present day Sendai is 1 chome 4-2, Omachi.
- Sponsors : Japan Virology Academy, Science Council of Japan.
- Period : Sept. 1, 1984 (Sat.) to Sept. 7, 1984 (Fri.)
- Participating Countries : 54 countries.
- Participants : 2,500 people (700 nationals, and 1,800 from overseas).
- Place : Sendai City (Kenmin Kaikan, Plaza Hotel, etc.).