Complete set of 1 no. of commemorative postage stamp on the 50th Anniversary of the Central Institute of Plastics Engineering and Technology (CIPET) :
Issued by India
Issued on Jan 24, 2019
Issued for : Department of Posts is pleased to release a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Central Institute of Plastics Engineering & Technology (CIPET) on the occasion of the Institute’s 50 years of successful existence and laudable achievements in the sphere of Plastics Engineering and Technology.
Stamp/Miniature Sheet/FDC/Brochure/Cancellation Cachet : Smt. Alka Sharma
Type : Miniature Sheet, Mint Condition
Colour : Multi Colour
Denomination : 4100 Paise
Stamps Printed : 575000
Miniature Sheet printed : 135000
Printing Process : Wet Offset
Printer : Security Printing Press, Hyderabad
- Central Institute of Plastics Engineering & Tools, renamed as Central Institute of Plastics Engineering & Technology (CIPET) was established in 1968 by Govt. of India with the assistance of United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) at Chennai. The main objective of setting up the Institute was to develop manpower in different disciplines of Plastics Engineering & Technology as no similar institute was in existence in the country then. International Labour Organization (ILO) served as the executing agency.
- During the initial stages of the project between 1968 and 1973, the Institute achieved its targets and was adjudged as one of the most successful UNDP projects implemented worldwide. Today CIPET is a premier national institution under the aegis of the Department of Chemicals & Petrochemicals, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers, Govt. of India fully devoted to Skill Development, Technology Support Services, Academic and Research (STAR) in the field of Plastics Engineering & Technology. CIPET has extended its wings to meet the demand of plastics & allied industries for skilled manpower and technical support by upgrading the infrastructure as well as setting up new centres since 1980. 07 centres were set up during VIIth Plan, 07 centres during VIIIth to Xth Plan, 06 centres in XIth Plan and 16 centres (including approved) in XIIth Plan. The Institute is operating through 34 centres across the country and 06 more centres are in process. The functional centres are located at Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Aurangabad, Baddi, Balasore, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Dehradun, Guwahati, Gwalior, Hajipur, Haldia, Hyderabad, Imphal, Jaipur, Kochi, Lucknow, Madurai, Murthal, Mysore, Raipur, Ranchi.
- CIPET stands tall not only as a premier institute in the country but also as a global institution renowned for its Research & Development in the niche areas of Polymer Science & Technology and high quality education and skill development. CIPET has been accredited with ISO 9001:2008 QMS, ISO/IEC – 17025, ISO/IEC – 17020 certification on Design, Development and Conduct of specialized training courses in the field of Plastics Engineering & Technology. CIPET renders technical consultancy services in design, tooling, polymer processing and testing for the benefit of plastics and allied industry. All the CIPET centers are equipped with excellent infrastructure facilities in the areas of design, CAD/CAM/CAE, tooling and mould manufacturing, plastics processing, testing and quality assurance. The infrastructure facilities in terms of machinery, equipments and technology are continuously upgraded and modernized in tune with needs of plastics and allied industries by Government of India.
- CIPET also plays pivotal role in generating employment opportunities especially for unemployed and underemployed youth, promoting entrepreneurs through various skill development training programs. The Institute has produced about 4 lakh operators, 50,000 technicians, 5000 engineers, with focus on socio-economically weaker sections, out of which 1.72 lakh were trained during last 3 years. After implementation of National Policy on Skill Development and Entrepreneurship skill, development courses of CIPET have been standardized and aligned with the National Skill Qualification Framework (NSQF) guidelines.
- CIPET has signed 16 MoUs with renowned institutions across the globe in order to facilitate faculty/student exchange programs and collaborative research projects in the field of Polymer Science & Technology.
- CIPET offers its technology support services in all key sectors of Indian Economy including Automobiles, Aerospace, Agriculture, Building & Construction, Defence, Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG), Information Technology, Medical, Packaging, Teletronics, etc. CIPET renders Technology Support Services in Design (CAD/CAM/CAE), Tooling, Processing and Testing & Quality Assurance to the plastics and its allied industry in India and abroad. In line with the “Make in India” initiative by Govt. of India, CIPET is contributing towards development of moulds & dies, manufacturing of plastics products, import substitutes etc. All the Plastics Testing Centres of CIPET are accredited by National Accreditation Board for Testing & Calibration Laboratories (NABL) and Bureaus of Indian Standard (BIS). The faculty members of CIPET, as Technical Experts to BIS, were actively involved in the formulation of standards for plastic products manufactured by the industries. CIPET is playing a vital role and rendering Third Party Inspection Services for plastic products across the country particularly in the agriculture/irrigation sectors.
- In an effort to encourage research and development and nurture research activities, CIPET has created an outstanding research environment that results in providing a perfect ambience for the aspiring researchers to pursue their goal. Envisioned to be a Global R&D hub, CIPET has established three exclusive R & D Units since 2008 i.e. Advanced Research School for Technology and Product Simulation (ARSTPS) at Chennai; Laboratory for Advanced Research in Polymeric Materials (LARPM) at Bhubaneswar and Advanced Polymer Design & Development Research Laboratory (APDDRL) at Bengaluru. These research centers of CIPET across the country boast of excellent infrastructure facilities at par with international standards. Recognized by Department of Scientific & Industrial Research (DSIR), Department of Science & Technology, Government of India, CIPET has successfully accomplished many R & D projects in different disciplines in the field of Plastics Engineering & Technology.
- CIPET works in close liaison with industries to implement its initiatives in the areas of polymer and allied industries in accordance with the environmental policies of the country. CIPET’s sustained efforts in creating awareness on environmental issues such as plastics waste management has been very well received by the industry. It has established a model Plastics Waste Management Centre at Guwahati to train manpower for plastics recycling industries. CIPET has made significant contributions towards major initiatives of Govt. of India viz. “Skill India”, “Swachh Bharat Abhiyan”, “Make in India”, “Digital India”, “Start Up India”, etc.
- Text : Based on the information received from proponent.