A commemorative postage stamp on the 50 years of Engineers India Limited (EIL), a Navratna public-sector undertaking company under Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, Government of India :
Issued by India
Issued on Mar 27, 2015
Issued for : Department of Posts is happy to issue a commemorative postage stamp to celebrate the Golden Jubilee of Engineers India Limited.
Stamp/FDC : Brahm Prakash
Cancellation : Alka Sharma
Type : Stamp, Mint Condition
Colour : Multi Colour
Denomination : 500 Paise
Stamps Printed : 0.65 Million
Printing Process : Wet Offset
Printer : Security Printing Press, Hyderabad
- Engineers India Limited (EIL) was incorporated as a private limited company under the name ‘Engineers India Private Limited’ in New Delhi on March 15, 1965 under the Companies Act in accordance with a formation agreement dated November 20, 1964 and a memorandum of agreement dated June 27, 1964 between the Government of India (GoI) and Bechtel International Corporation (BIC). In May 1967, EIL became a wholly-owned GoI enterprise. In 1996, the Government of India disinvested approximately 6.0% of its shareholding in EIL and EIL became a public listed company.
- Engineers India Ltd. (EIL) is one of the leading design and engineering organizations in South Asia and has been providing engineering consultancy and engineering procurement and construction (EPC) services principally focused on the oil & gas and petrochemical industries. The Company has also diversified into sectors like infrastructure, water and waste management, solar & nuclear power and fertilizers to leverage its strong technical competencies and track record.
- EIL has two Subsidiaries – Certification Engineers International Limited (CEIL), providing services in the field of certification, re-certification, third party inspection services, and EIL Asia Pacific Sdn. Bhd. (EILAP), Malaysia, primarily engaged in the business of providing technical services for projects in oil and gas and other industrial sectors. EIL has a sophisticated research and development center at Gurgaon, Haryana.
- The EIL has also established two strategic Joint Ventures :
ii) Jabal EILIOT Co. Ltd. with Jabal Dhahran of Saudi Arabia and IOTL to pursue business opportunities in hydrocarbon and infrastructure sector in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- EIL has an impressive record of executing over 5000 assignments including of 400 major projects valued over $200 Billion.
- Among the milestone projects executed by EIL are the world’s longest deck on single jacket for SHG Platform of ONGC, Jamnagar–Loni Pipeline of GAIL, and the recently completed 9 MMTPA Guru Gobind Singh Refinery of HMEL, which has also set various industry benchmarks in terms of project execution.
- EIL has developed more than 30 process technologies and its portfolio includes various technologies for petroleum refining, oil and gas processing and aromatics. EIL currently holds 14 patents relating to various process technologies.
- EIL has leveraged its strong track record to successfully expand its operations internationally and has earned recognition for jobs executed in several countries of Middle East, Africa and South East Asia. Most of the major oil & gas companies in these regions have utilized EIL’s services for their projects.
- EIL’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Program aims to assist socially and economically weaker segments of society, as well as define EIL as a socially-responsible business to employees, clients, local communities and other stakeholders. The CSR projects of the Company target various activities in education, healthcare, drinking water and electrification of rural areas through solar power.
- In recognition of its stellar role in shaping the energy blueprint of the country, EIL has been conferred the prestigious “Navratna” status by the Government of India.
- Text : Based on the material provided by proponent.