High Court of Gujarat
A commemorative postage stamp on the 60th Anniversary of the Gujarat High Court :
Issued by India
Issued on Feb 6, 2021
Issued for : Department of Posts is pleased to issue a Commemorative Postage Stamp on “The High Court of Gujarat” on the occasion of its Diamond Jubilee celebrations.
Stamp/FDC/Brochure/Cancellation Cachet : Smt. Alka Sharma
Type : Stamp, Mint Condition
Colour : Multi Colour
Denomination : 500 Paise
Stamps Printed : 416900
Printing Process : Wet Offset
Printer : Security Printing Press, Hyderabad
- The High Court of Gujarat was established on 1st May, 1960 upon bifurcation of the erstwhile State of Bombay into two States of Maharashtra and Gujarat. The High Court started functioning near Akashvani, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad under the stewardship of Hon’ble Mr. Justice S. T. Desai, as the first Chief Judge, along with four puisne Judges.
- On 16.01.1999, the High Court was shifted to the new premises situated at Sola, on the S. G. Highway, Ahmedabad. The High Court Complex was inaugurated on 2nd March, 1997. The High Court started functioning in the new complex with effect from 16th January, 1999.
- The Hon’ble High Court of Gujarat has completed its Diamond Jubilee in Year 2020. During the past 60 years, the Gujarat Judiciary has given birth to several legal luminaries and many of them have adorned bench of Hon’ble High Court and Hon’ble Supreme Court with distinction.
- In Diamond Jubilee year of 2020, the Hon’ble High Court had planned to release a Commemorative Stamp. The Stamp is in the shape of the Diamond containing the front portion of Hon’ble High Court of Gujarat with symbol of High Court engraved on the whole with the motto of Satyamev Jayte representing the Gujarat High Court. The top portion of the stamp embeds the Scales of Justice with the remaining portion contains the front façade of the building of the High Court of Gujarat. The Circumference of the Diamond shaped Stamp is adorned with following wordings in English & Hindi:
- Diamond Jubilee
- The High Court of Gujarat
- India 2020
- Due to Coronavirus pandemic, the stamp has now been released on February 6, 2021. The stamp has been conceptualized by Hon’ble Judges of Postal Stamp Committee Constituted for the Diamond Jubilee Celebrations of the High Court of Gujarat with the guidance of The Chief Justice Hon’ble Mr. Justice Vikram Nath.
- Text : Based on information received from the proponent.