A commemorative postage stamp on the 20th International Congress of Radiology (ICR) :
Issued by India
Issued on Sep 18, 1998
Issued for : The Department of Posts is happy to issue a commemorative postage stamp on the occasion of 20th International Congress of Radiology held in New Delhi.
Stamp, FDC design : Secretariat of 20th International Congress of Radiology
Cancellation : Smt. Alka Sharma
Type : Stamp, Postal Used
Colour : Multicolour
Denomination : 800 Paise
Overall size : 3.91 x 2.90 cms.
Printing size : 3.91 x 2.90 cms.
Perforation : 13 x 13
Paper : Imported un w/m Adhesive Gravure Coated stamp paper in sheets 50.8 x 53.5 cms.
Stamps Printed : 0.7 Million
Number per issue sheet : 35
Printing Process : Photogravure
Printer : India Security Press, Nashik
- The International Society of Radiology is the World Organisation of Radiologists and other Medical Radiation Scientists. It is a confederation of more than 60 National Radiological Societies. Its mission is broadly to work for advancement of the practice of Radiology, Radiation Science and Radiation protection. While it undertakes some limited educational and informative efforts on its own, the larger part of its effort is devoted to synergising the efforts of its national member societies.
- The ISR sponsors and funds the International Committee on Radiological Education, which carries on approved projects. The ISR is a historic sponsor of the International Commission on Radiation Protection and the International Commission on Radiological Units and Measures. These commissions publish authoritative reports which serve as guidance for scientists and government agencies.
- The International Society has been hosting International Congress of Radiology in different parts of the world. The first Congress sponsored by ISR was held in London in 1922 and the 20th Congress was held in 1998 in New Delhi.
- The Indian Radiological and Imaging Association was registered in the year 1937. It has 3500 Members and has 16 branches all over India. The Association has steadily grown to attain leadership worldwide as one of the most dynamic societies. In recognition of its contribution to International Radiology, ICR ’98 was allotted to it. The Congress was addressed by 60 eminent Radiologists from all over the world. The Congress was attended by approximately 5,000 Radiologists from all over the world. The First Day Cover depicts Dr. L. H. Athle (1909-1975) from Mumbai, Dr. Diwan Chand Aggarwal (1896-1967) from Delhi, Dr. P. Rama Rau (1899-1956) from Chennai and Dr. Mihir Mitter (1919-1995) from Bengal who are held as doyens in the field of Radiology having pioneered radiation therapy in various parts of the country.
- Text : Secretariat of 20th International Congress of Radiology.