A commemorative postage stamp on the 25th Anniversary of the ECAFE :
Issued by Pakistan
Issued on Mar 28, 1972
Issued for : To mark the 25th Anniversary of the United Nations Economic Commission for Asia and the Far East (ECAFE), the Pakistan Post Office is issuing a Commemorative Postage Stamp of 20-Paisa on 28th March, 1972.
Design : The different races of the world are represented in the design by coloured discs overlapping each other. They are shown to emerge from behind the emblem of ECAFE which appears in white against a blue background. The emblem is contained within the cogwheel of progress which is shown in black. The wording “Progress through Co-operation” appears within this wheel superimposed on the emblem. The word “Pakistan” in Bengali and Urdu appears in the panel at the bottom beside the wheel in reverse while ‘Pakistan‘ in English appear above this panel in black. The words “25th Anniversary of ECAFE” appears in black at the top. Denomination ’20’ appears in reverse in the left hand corner just above the coloured discs with ‘Paisa’ and ‘Postage’ beneath in black.
Type : Stamp, Postal Used
Denomination : 20 Paisa
Colour : Light blue, chrome yellow, vermillion red, and black
Size of stamp : 44.5 x 32.5 m.m.
Size of print : 41.5 x 29.5 m.m.
Perforation gauge : 13 x 13 (c)
Quantity printed : 10,00,000
Number of Stamps in each sheet : 50
Process of Printing : Four colour Litho Offset
Printers : The Pakistan Security Printing Corporation Ltd., Karachi
- Founded on 28th March, 1947 to encourage the economic and social development of Asia and the Far East, ECAFE is one of the four regional commissions of the United Nations Economic and Social Council. Its area stretches from Iran to the Western Pacific. It is the regional arm of the United Nations, with its headquarters in Bangkok (Asia) and is administratively responsible to the Secretary General of the United Nations. At the same time, it is responsible to the member states of the ECAFE region and is subject to their parliamentary control and guidance in policy matters, under the overall control of the Economic and Social Council.
- ECAFE seeks to speed up growth and raise living standards both by promoting regional co-operation among member countries and by helping individual Government’s plans and carry out balanced development programmes. Its main fields of work include :
- Development Research and Planning,
- Industry and Natural Resources,
- Transport and Communications,
- Agricultural Development,
- Water Resources,
- Social Development,
- Public Administration.
- ECAFE has 30 members and 5 associate members.