Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
A commemorative postage stamp on the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), an autonomous public business school under Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India :
Issued by India
Issued on Dec 10, 2013
Issued for : Department of Posts is happy to release a Commemorative Postage Stamp on Indian Institute of Foreign Trade.
Stamp/FDC/Cancellation : Alka Sharma
Type : Stamp, Mint Condition
Colour : Multi Colour
Denomination : 500 Paise
Stamps Printed : 0.41 Million (0.1 million for the proponent)
Printing Process : Wet Offset
Printer : India Security Press, Nashik
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) was registered under the Society Act on 2nd May, 1963 with the objective of development of training activities for building up a cadre of competent export management personnel in the country, development of research into various problems of foreign trade, initiation and implementation of programmes of overseas marketing research; and building up of export information required by them for effective export operations. Their objectives were translated into mission and vision of the Institute.
- The vision of IIFT was translated into four major activity areas, namely Long Term Programme, Management development programmes, International Collaborations, Research and Publications. In its long term programme, IIFT trains the young professionals in the area of International Business and has created more than 4000 professionals through this programme. The Institute’s services have been utilized by the ITC, ESCAP, UNIDO, UNCTAD, GATT and CFTC for organizing seminars, training programmes, export management development programmes and market orientation tours.
- The Research Division at IIFT has been instrumental in providing policy inputs to the Government of India on foreign trade, with an emphasis on blending theory with practice, and keeping itself upgraded with quality research studies on the changing dynamics of national and international business. It has set up several esteemed research centres like the Centre for WTO Studies, Centre for Small and Medium Enterprises Studies (SME Centre) and the Centre for International Trade in Technology (CITT). The Institute’s research work is for wider dissemination among the business community, government departments and academia through a quarterly journal Foreign Trade Review and a bi-monthly magazine Focus WTO.
- IIFT has its campus in Delhi, Kolkata and Dar–es–Salaam (Tanzania). Further, it has conducted about a dozen programmes in various African countries that include Ethiopia, Egypt, Botswana, Namibia, Angola and South Africa. The institute has 36 MOUs with business schools across Europe, North America, Africa and South East Asia.
- The Institute has emerges as a major Centre of International Business by aligning its teaching, research and training capabilities with its core vision over the years. In 2002, IIFT has been awarded the status of a “Deemed University“. It is also an Accredited Institution by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), an autonomous institution of the University Grants Commission (UGC).
- Text : Based on the material furnished by the proponent.