A commemorative postage stamp on the International Women’s Year (IWY) :
Issued by Japan
Issued on Jun 23, 1975
Type : Stamp, Postal Used
Colour : Multicolour
Denomination : 20 yen
Size of impression : 33 mm x 22.5 mm
Quantity issued : 40,000,000 stamps
- To honor the International Women’s Year a 20 yen commemorative postage stamp will be issued.
- 1975 was proclaimed the International Women’s Year at the 27th United Nations General Assembly in November 1972.
- The theme adopted by the United Nations for the International Women’s Year is :
– Promoting equality between men and women,
– Emphasizing women’s important role in developing economic, social and cultural activities.
– Recognizing the importance of women’s contribution to the development of the friendly relations and co-operation among nations.
- Being the member country of the UN’s “Women’s Social Status Committee” Japan participates in the International Women’s Year World Congress held by the United Nations in Mexico. Domestically it is being planned that the conferences will be held for the International Women’s Year at national and regional levels for the purpose of deepening women’s consciousness of and public interest in the social development.