A commemorative postage stamp on the World Federation of UNESCO Clubs and Associations in Japan :
Issued by Japan
Issued on Jul 16, 1984
Issued for : A 60 yen postage stamp will be issued on July 16 1984 to commemorate the World Congress of UNESCO Clubs and Associations.
Type : Stamp, Postal Used
Colour : Multicolour
Denomination : 60 yen
Size of impression : 35.5 mm x 25.0 mm
Quantity issued : 30,000,000 stamps
- UNESCO – United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization – is a special organization of the United Nations with 161 affiliate member countries. It attempts through the distribution of education, science, culture, and mass communication to bring about eternal world peace and the welfare of mankind.
- Unesco clubs and associations which are participating as civilian movements in co-ordination with UNESCO interests are in about 80 countries and number over 2,500.
- The World Federation of Unesco Clubs and Associations was established as a world organization in July 1981. Japan was chosen as host country at that first meeting and chose ‘peace‘, ‘development‘, and ‘participation‘ as its themes. Details are as follows.
- Time of Meeting July 16 (Mon.) 1984 ~ July 24 (Tue.) 1984
- Number of Countries Participating – 80 approx.
- Number of Participants – 5,200 (5,000 Japanese and 200 overseas visitors)
- Meeting Place – Sendai (From 20th July regional training at Kobe, Hiroshima and Tokyo).