A commemorative postage stamp on the 60th Anniversary of the Great October Socialist Revolution, 1917, USSR :
Issued on Dec 30, 1977
Issued for : The Indian Posts and Telegraphs Department considers it a privilege to bring out a stamp to commemorate the 60th Anniversary of the Great October Socialist Revolution.
Description of Design : The design is stylised one showing the Kremlin Tower with the background of the Soviet flag interlocked by the years 1917-1977.
Type : Stamp, Postal Used
Watermark : No
Colour : Multicolour
Denomination : 100 Paise
Overall Size : 3.91 X 2.90 cms.
Printing Size : 3.55 X 2.54 cms.
Perforation : 13 X 13
Paper : unwatermarked adhesive stamp paper
Stamps Printed : 20,00,000 in sheets of 35
Printing Process : Photogravure
Designed and Printed at : India Security Press
- Message from Shri Neelam Sanjiva Reddy, President of India to H.E. Mr. Leonid I. Brezhnev, President of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR and General Secretary of the Central Committee of the CPSU on the occasion of the 60th Anniversary of the Great October Socialist Revolution. “The Government and people of India join me in extending to your Excellency and to the Government and people of the Soviet Union our warm greetings and congratulations on the 60th anniversary of the Great October Socialist Revolution. I take this opportunity of reaffirming my conviction that the relations of traditional friendship and cooperation between our two countries will continue to be further developed to the mutual benefit of our peoples and in the interest of international peace and stability. Please accept, Excellency, my best wishes for your personal well-being and continuing progress and welfare of the friendly Soviet people.“
- Joint message from Shri Morarji Desai, Prime Minister of India to H.E. Mr. Leonid I. Brezhnev, General Secretary of the Central Committee of the CPSU and President of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR and H.E. Mr. A. Kosygin, Member of the Politburo, of the Central Committee of the CPSU and Chairman of the Council of Ministers of the USSR on the occasion of the 60th Anniversary of the Great October Socialist Revolution. “On behalf of the Government and people of India and on my own behalf I convey to your Excellencies and to the Government and people of the Soviet Union our most cordial greetings and felicitations on the occasion of the 60th anniversary of the Great October Socialist Revolution. I thank your Excellencies and your Government for the hospitality and consideration extended to us during our visit to Soviet Union. During this visit I have already experienced and reciprocated the affection and cordiality with which I was welcomed and greeted. I can only reiterate my conviction that the bonds of friendship and cooperation cemented during this visit will be the corner-stone of our future relationship which would cover a wider and more fruitful field than ever before. I avail myself of this opportunity of conveying my best wishes for the personal health and well-being of your Excellencies and for the continued progress and welfare of the friendly Soviet people.“
- Sixty years ago the world witnessed the historic event of the Great October Socialist Revolution [during the issuance of this stamp].
- The success of the October Revolution was a major mile-stone in the history of mankind. Its message of equality between man and man, irrespective of race, creed or colour, has served as a source of inspiration to millions of people throughout the world.
- The friendship between India and the Soviet Union has stood the test of time since it is based on the principles of equality and mutual benefit and reflects the common desire of the peoples of the two countries for international peace and understanding.